So,I figured that since I am learning how to blog, and its forcing me to teach myself new things for computer, i may as well learn other computer tricks, since I feel like I’m on a roll.
I spent the next couple of hours playing with a series of 3 videos I did of one of my guitars, my dulcimer, and my broken viola sitting on my kitchen table. Datamoshing, it turns out, isn’t too hard. Although i could see it being quite waring trying to get something just right,t its really just learning a couple softwares, neither of which are very hard.
What I ended up doing, which worked pretty well in some parts and kinda poorly in others, was rather than just trying to edit one clip into another, I took the 3 parts and mixed them randomly in windows live movie maker rendered them, converted the file type, (to get them to comply with ) put them through virtualdub with the 500 keyframe, took all the image cells out in avidemux I clicked yes to have it do an autodetect for new image cells. Then I virtual-dubbed it again with a lower keyframe (30), and put it back into avidemux.
This worked pretty well, so i think it would be safe to say that you don’t really have to append two files, like the guys say in those tutorials. It works just as well if you just take one video clip that has a few distinct cut-scenes.
After this i took the video back to windows movie, cropped it a bit closer, then added sound (an old thing i recorded on the guitar from the mosh seemed to fit). One thing i should note is that editing the video in windows movie maker didn’t really work because (i’m guessing) there weren’t any image cells left in the clip.
so here is that. I know it’s bad, but it’s my first time. I think I will get better.